About Me

My photo
Primitive Blessings is a way to share with others moments of love and encouragment. I want to enjoy my life in its precious stage and make the most of the time God gives me by preserving the memories that are created on my journey.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

New Year....New Calendars!

Nine days into 2013 and what type of calendar are you using for the new year?

It can be a little overwhelming...
 
 
Some find cell phones and computers to be their #1 source.

I prefer to use the old fashion "paper and pencil" kind! 
 
 
Now you are probably wondering why I am standing on my calendar...well I think it shows a good point that "we are always running"...
 
...always busy filling our calendars with activities, church meetings and social events. 
 
Everyday life can add a lot of "ink to your calendar" and a lot of "pressure to your life."
 
 
One of my favorite gifts for the year is this daily inspirational calendar
written by the writers of www.incourage.me  
 
 
Today's page lead me to stop and think about just how much "ink" is on my calendar and just how "busy" life can get.  Am I allowing myself to be conformed to the pressures and demands that come my way? 

Or am I being more conviction-driven? 
Am I doing what's right and following what I believe is true in my heart?
 
Conformity and conviction are powerful forces. What about you? Do you feel that sometimes your behavior is influenced by a desire to conform to the expectations of others rather than by inner conviction?
 
 
We all have choices when it comes to the "activities" on our calendar.  When you feel like "you are running" STOP...take time to Trust God and know that He has a good plan for your life. STOP and remember what is truly important....Faith, Family and Friends!  
 
Do not be conformed to this world: but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, so that you may prove what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God. ~Romans 12:2
 

No comments:

Post a Comment